Dec 2, 2008

Elder Wirthlin

I was saddened to realize that Elder Wirthlin passed away last night. Surprised? No. And actually happy for him. I am so thankful for his life, his devotion, and his humor. 
When I was in a Primary Presidency several years ago, he came to visit our stake for Stake Conference. The Stake President, Terry Turk, asked us to spend the few weeks prior to conference learning all we could about him so the he would be "our apostle." That exercise truly endeared him to me. I love that man. Every time he spoke in the past 10 years, I felt that somehow he belonged a little bit to me. We've had this little connection, he and I. He has spoken directly to me many times.  Oh, you too?? Hmm. Well. . . today I want to say, loud and clear, 
"Come what may, and Love it!!!"

No comments: