Feb 23, 2009

Life . . .

Yesterday, my 92 year old Grandma was told she has cancer. She won't be with us very much longer. She has been living at Cove Point, Assisted Living Center. They aren't able to care for her, so she won't be able to return there. She will be living with my parents as soon as she gets out of the hospital. 
Two weeks ago my dad had surgery for prostate cancer. He can't lift over 10 pounds for the next 8 weeks. By then Grandma will likely have passed, and he feels so bad that he will not be able to help more. He will do the cooking and dishes, Mom will take care of her Mom and the chores. (They have 10 acres, 3 horses and 6 calves.) I am going up this weekend to help move things and get their house ready for Grandma to move in. 
I had a dream the other night. After all I could do, I needed help! I turned around and there was my Dad! What great peace that dream brought me to know that my Dad was quick to my rescue! Little did I know that when I would talk to my Dad the following day that I would be afforded the opportunity to come to his rescue. 

No comments: